Fifteen Films Meme

He's done it again, that Mr Ritchie over at Phil's Treehouse has lured me into a meme, this time on fifteen films - as Phil writes...
The rules: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen films you’ve seen that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen films you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.
Not in order of preference.
1 The Matrix
2 Star Trek VI
3 Crossroads
4 Saving Private Ryan
5 It's A Wonderful Life
6 The Wizard of Oz
7 Ferris Bueller's Day Off
8 This Is Spinal Tap
9 Angel-a
10 The Empire Strikes Back
11 Fargo
12 Sliding Doors
13 Sleuth (the original, with Michael Caine & Larry Olivier)
14 Roman Polanski's MacBeth
15 Condorman

Yep, not a lot of high fallutin' stuff in there but in less than five minutes these are the films that most stand out for me mentally.  I could give a reason why for each one, but rather than waffle on, if anyone wants to know 'why?' then post a comment and I will respond. I didn't give any links for the movies I recommend you go check out IMDB if you don't recognise the names :-)

Following the tradition of the good Dr John, late and lamented, I don't tend to tag people - if you do this meme please let me know so I can come and explore your choices :-)

There's no stopping me when I get going on this blogging, Melli has previously commented on my tendency to flood my blog in one go having said nowt for ages.

Laters

Comments

Nick Payne said…
All right... you've convinced me. I'll have a go. I did the 15 songs one on my Facebook page but I'll add this one to my blog too I think.
Nick Payne said…
Definitely some great choices there.

During the 90's people identified me with Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off... I had the appearance and the mannerisms... fortunately I appear to have outgrown them.

It's a Wonderful Life is probably the best secular festive film ever made.

Saving Private Ryan was the SECOND film I went to, where the audience left in silence. I also very nearly died of shock as well when, after coming from the screen room, one of the caterers dropped their dustpan head on the floor and shattered already frayed nerves.

Couple of ones you might need to explain...

Condorman???

And Crossroads... that isn't the Britney flick is it?????
Alastair said…
Condorman - wonderful film with Michael Crawford as comic book writer who wants to be a superhero and happens to get the backing to do so - despite a certain level of clumsiness! Lots of imagination and fun!

Crossroads, best thing Ralph Macchio ever did, based on legend of Robert Johnson selling soul to Devil in order to play the blues.... Amazing guitar duel at the end, with Steve Vai as uber-guitarist. Soundtrack by Ry Cooder; exceptional!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

Sad Vicar