Another Sunday

It's been ages since I managed to sit down and write anything, in case you'd not noticed..

Just a quick 'hello' to all you out in blogland, before setting off to my first service of the day. What a busy couple of weeks it has been - good in lots of ways, but not a lot of time to sit and think. We've had lots of weddings or wedding blessings, baptisms, meetings, school visits and tax - the bane of my life. I've had to put together my figures for tax assessment, which always seems to take forever, and once all of my mechanisms for procrastination had been exhausted I had to just get down and do it as my deadline for submission loomed.

I still have my expenses for this tax year to sort out, and at about £400 a month ($800 odd dollars) it has mounted up since April... Better get on with that, might find myself absent from the blogosphere a bit more over the coming week or so...

Autumn has definitely come whilst I have been absent, the air has changed and the mornings are fresh and chilly. Not cold yet, but definitely nippy. I love this time of year, especially when, as we've had, the sun shines and everything looks clearer somehow. The leaves haven't started falling yet, but the trees are all starting to change colour. Another reminder of how life comes in cycles, and we prepare for the round of harvest, followed by the All Saints & Remembrance season, then the lead up and preparations for Christmas. It all seems to happen so quickly.

My service looms, off to celebrate the sacrament in my local Church before heading to another Parish for an All-age service. I'll try not to leave it so long next time, and will post my sermon for last week as well as some thoughts from this week soon. I'm looking forward to having some time to catch up on all my blog buddies soon.

Comments

Naomi said…
I know exactly what you mean Alastair. Some weeks I never seem to have enough time to get everything done. Good luck with your taxes. I hate doing jobs like that. Look forward to you visiting again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

A Sermon which upset someone