A Sermon for Pentecost

The sermon I will be preaching in about forty minutes! As always click on the Bible links for the full texts and on [more] for the complete sermon held at New Kid Deep Stuff


Year A Pentecost (2008) RCL Principal

Jesus Loves the Church

I recently found myself in a conversation with a minister who is Chaplain to an Anglican Church in Paris. There were lots of good things that came out of that conversation, but quite early on in the process he came out with something that really made me think. He said ‘I love Church, Church is why I get up in the morning.’

It’s not a sentence I hear very much. Not even for those of us whose life and ministry is lived around the Church…
Actually perhaps for those of us who are involved in the Church to a greater degree we are more likely to criticise and complain – to be honest – because we have invested so much in the life of our Churches.

I promise you, you never want to spend any great length of time in a room full of Clergy. Except our own Team Clergy, of course, who seem to have the gift of laughter and support to an unnatural degree… [more]

Comments

Alicia said…
I think sometimes people expect Church to be a place where all the "perfect" people meet, where you have no problems...
But, Paul refers to the "perfectING of the saints" not the "perfect saints." When we go to church with the attitude of "what's in it for me," it's easy to be disapointed... but Christ said when "you lose yourself" in His service "you find yourself."

So when we go with the attitude, "How can I serve today?" It becomes a place we learn to love and appreciate.

God bless you and have a great day!
Aree Tone WoW said…
How your deep believing in religous.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

A Sermon which upset someone