You may not like the style, or even the whole Rob Bell deal - but I love this! Resurrection, life out of death, God's ultimate yes to the world - celebrated by Rob Bell...
Have had a little changeabout, added a couple of links and changed some of the books under my reading and recommended list. I still recommend Brian McLaren's Generous Orthodoxy despite many people seeming to get all hot under the collar about it - I thought it was well written and engaging and thought provoking. Like most books I read I didn't agree with everything in it - but then i don't tend to choose books just to re-inforce my prejudices, but to widen my perspective. The books in the sidebar link to Amazon UK, you obviously don't have to buy them from there, but the reviews are sometimes quite helpful and prices good. If you get the chance, go and check them out at your local SPCK or Wesley Owen stores... or any good bookstore!
Well, you know what they say about good intentions and the infernal paving scheme. I have decided that much as I encourage people to be kind to one another AND themselves, I am going to give myself a break and much as I would love to be creating content here regularly and see something of a renewal of this blog, I tend to have many other ways in which I share my thoughts, devotions, and considerations - including the blog at St John the Divine , and on the St John's social media accounts, as well as on my own Socials, and on our Y ouTube Channel . That said, when I have a moment, I will try to drop by here and share whatever is going on in my brain and heart... And here's a link to s omething I wrote today for our local newspaper about our faith evolving as we go.
On return from holiday I had lots to deal with, a pile of mail that was nearly as tall as me, various calls to respond to, and an update on all that had been going on in my absence. All good, or rather everything went well, though it had been extremely busy and very well covered by my colleagues. In the week since I've got back though I have had a number of conversations where people have expressed disappointment that 'The Vicar' didn't do X or Y, or that Clergy haven't visited certain folk - despite the fact that I know I have extremely competent colleagues and very good lay pastoral visitors from all of the Churches who have handled things as well, if not better, than I ever could. It boils down to the erroneous belief that things are somehow more 'kosher' if a man (preferably a man in many cases, but that's another issue which I am not going to rant about today) with a 'dog collar' does it, be it opening fetes, visiting people or services in...
Comments