`Hooray for the boys in blue'

Got stopped by the police tonight on the way home from a Church interview evening where we were interviewing candidates for the lay training courses on offer from the Diocese. I had been out for a pint of beer following the interviews, so i was a bit nervous about whether or not this would make me a candidate for drunk driving! It seems that my front headlight had blown sometime this evening, so they stopped me to let me know, and I suspect that anyone pulled over at 11pm is routinely breathalysed - i blew into the little tube and was informed that i was less than half the legal limit, which was fine, but that I shouldn't take it for granted that I was OK just because I was! Hooray for the police, keeping the world safe from squiffy vicars!

On a serious note, though, I was reassured that those who are out and about who have got themselves tanked up from a night on the booze need to watch out. I am not in favour of drinking and driving, and if I had had more to drink then I certainly wouldn't have got behind the wheel. So rather than grumble at being pulled over, I am grateful that the local police are out doing their job...

Must get that headlight replaced tomorrow, they could have cautioned me for a 'moving traffic offence', but let me go home with the advice to get it fixed soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

Sad Vicar