Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Credible, moi?

A confession, in case you've not noticed it before I am a bit of a sci-fi/fantasy junkie, it's always been my favourite genre in books, movies & tv stuff, but over the last couple of years there have been some outstanding shows which I have enjoyed as much for the comment they make about today as the imagination and excitement of the setting and stories. Foremost amongst these are Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Babylon 5 and even that old chestnut 'Star Trek' in its many incarnations. Anyway, an interesting article in today's Guardian is all about this theme, find it here.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

That was a spot on article. I absoltutely love the new Battlestar Galactica and as I have posted before may even usurp Babylon 5 as my favorite sci-fi show. Firefly is simply superb and should never have been canned.

Long live the sci-fi genre!!!

eric said...

I'm not much into TV these days, but I do watch Star Trek on Sunday nights. The original version.

Capt. Kirk was a lover and a fighter. I cant say that much for Picard.

The fact is that the originals, no matter how low-tech have a charm about them that is not captured in the remakes. Battlestar Galactica is one of those.

The Same could be said for movies like Star Wars...The original 3 were much better from a story telling point of view.

I cant wait till the remake "Space 1999". look for that on ABC this fall...They'd have to call it "Space 2019"