A few sermons to come....

I seem to be a bit behind in publishing sermons. I might add a couple over the next few days. For now here's one from a week or two ago...

Proper 24 (2009) Year B RCL Principal


The Big Picture

Have you ever seen a sunset so striking that it stops you in your tracks – not literally perhaps as this might not be a good thing when driving! But I have a vivid memory of a sunset which came at one of those moments when I was feeling rather jaded and found myself driving up towards our vicarage when we lived in Eltisley near Cambridge. Of course it’s rather difficult to put into words, but that won’t stop me trying – the Sunset was dramatic, colourful, beautiful – the clouds were gathered in such a way in one part of the sky that they seemed to be pointing to something in the distance, as they changed colour from grey to white, to purple, to red, to orange – there was something quite overwhelming about them. [more]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

Sad Vicar