The bounce has gone out of his bungie

I really seem to have lost momentum with regards to blogging lately - as if you've not noticed - due to a whole load of things going on here in the wild and wacky world of the west of Cambridge. It's not as though there has been a lot happening, in fact things seem very quiet indeed in many ways, and I've used the time I would have spent blogging to have a very relaxed and easy life when not working.

I can't quite put my finger on what's going on, after feeling so thoroughly rooted in this place following my trips to France and some exploration of other ministries there has been a feeling of listslessness in the household, as if I need to look around a bit at what's going on elsewhere in the C of E - perhaps with an eye to moving on, perhaps to re-vision myself for some kind of renewal of my ministry here.

There have been some good things happening, and some of the parishes are really getting to grips with what it means to be 'mission communities' - a process that should be the focus for the rest of the year. There is a stability in the staffing for our team which we have lacked for a couple of years, the appointment of my fellow Team Vicar as Team Rector (the 'senior partner' in our ministry team') has been a great relief and joy to all of us and we hope now for a sense of renewed vision and collaborative ministry to begin.

The daily needs of the Parishes are still being looked after, and any sense of losing momentum hasn't affected our pastoral care and concern. I think we are perhaps at the cusp of something and this strange sense of disconnection which I am feeling may be because we are about to launch into something new, or perhaps I am about to launch into something new (I don't know what yet!)

Anyway, thank you again for your comments and I will endeavour to say more in the coming days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

A Sermon which upset someone