How frustrating...

The day i don't have time to blog, or even to check out my fave blogs on the sidebar, is the day that my sitemeter tells me i have most visitors! Sorry if you popped by yesterday and were hoping for something new, i hope the chance to amble around the archives was enjoyable.

It was a very busy day yesterday, but quite rewarding - early service was small but perfectly formed with a good response from the congregation. My main service at 10.30am was slightly disappointing attendance wise (after the time put into preparation) but the lack of numbers was more than made up for by the atmosphere of worship and the participation of those who were there - God is good, no matter how many get together to remember that! My very traditional Evening service, from the 1662 Book of Common Prayer of the Church of England, on the other hand was well supported (for a trad service on a dark and cold night with freezing fog in one of the smallest villages in our team, less than 100 population) and was a joyful, prayerful, worshipping celebration where the congregation were open to the word of God and responding to God's life. Renewal through the prayer book - now that's unusual! Again, it doesn't matter what you do or how many are there, God still turns up and makes things happen.

Today has already seen our weekly Clergy prayer meeting and business, which was lacking in the laughter of last week (we're all tired) but still has a sense of shared support and a feeling that we are doing OK! I then spent an hour being available to anyone who wanted to pop in and share a coffee with me at our local coffee house, but no one came and i spent the time reading. Since i got back home I have been writing emails and on the phone and catching up with admin, not much joy, but quite productive.

Got to get ready to take an assembly at one of the local schools now. may write more later.

Oh, and if you've not been here before 'welcome' and if you have 'welcome back' - don't forget to comment (nearly five hundred visitors yesterday and no comments, was it something I said?)

Comments

Dr.John said…
God often suprised me in the traditional service. Or should I say the people of God suprised me.
moog said…
500 in a day!!

it'd take me two months to rack up figures like that....

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

Sad Vicar