Perhaps its coming back

After disconnecting from blogger last night i picked up a pen and my notebook and rediscovered the feeling of having to write. I had to make myself stop at three pages as all the words that i'd obviously been saving up flowed out. I wondered whether it was something to do with the act of using a pen, but then having said that I love to write on the computer. Perhaps it was just the resolve to actually get on with it and to work at it.

It was the same today - I found myself with a few minutes to stop whilst visiting a local hospital - I sat down with a coffee and 'whoosh' out came the words. I've never felt that compulsion that other writers have talked about until today - that feelling that I must write, as though the words are trapped inside and they need to come out. The three pages was a doddle, took about 20 minutes.

I think that creativity is something God-given, i also think that it is given to everyone and we can use it or not as we choose or have opportunity. I know I'm not a great writer, maybe I could be, but for now I know that alongside my calling as husband, father, priest & motorcyclist I am a writer. Say it proud now!

Comments

Jem said…
Hey ... keep doing the pages!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

A Sermon which upset someone