Still here - or rather 'I'm back'

Thanks to all of you who've not completely given up on me (my site stats show that there are a few folk popping back every now and then to see if i am still alive). After a few ridiculously hectic and fatigued weeks we went off on holiday for THREE WHOLE WEEKS to the house in which we have a tiny share in Bergerac, France. It was a wonderful break and very refreshing. The kids were delightful, wife and I got to have real conversations, and apart from the handbrake of the car snapping and me breaking the lawnmower there were no major mishaps!

I read a lot too, not as much as usual as there were real people to talk to (my wife, parents in law and mum at various times) - the brain cells also got a bit of a work out as i thought about life in general, theology in unguarded moments, and the possibility of writing a novel (ideas are formulating in a way they've not before). I did find myself hankering after the laptop that i had chosen to leave behind as i really did rather like the idea of getting some stuff written and in the heat there the idea of picking up a pen and putting words on paper all seemed a bit much.

My mind is racing with possibilities of things i could say now, but i will leave you in suspense as I try for an early night and put my thoughts in some kind of order to offer them abroad in the next few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

A Sermon which upset someone