A quote

My 'Rural Theology Association' conference on Saturday was excellent, because it was all concerned with Mission...

I know that 'Mission' is the in-word in British Christian circles at the moment, but there was a great reminder from the Bishop of Exeter who (quoting someone i can't remember, so anyone who can attribute this please let me know) said

'It's not that the Church of God has a mission, but that the God of Mission has a Church'

Apologies if i got that wrong, but the gist of it is clear...

Comments

Suse said…
I wasn't there and I am sorry I am not all that sure who it is you are talking about. But... I am currently studying mission and the key point that really stuck me was the one that you have cited. That it's God's mission and He is a mission hearted God. He invites the Church to join in what he is doing not run it ourselves.
(hopingthat make sense)

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

Sad Vicar