Not so grumbly - or at least not grumbly about the same things

Thanks for your comments about my last post, it certainly made me feel better. What also made me feel better is that the day yesterday went really well, two Christingle services and a traditional Holy Communion... I thought my sermon was pretty ropey for the HC but the rest of the day was fun and we saw lots of people who wouldn't normally come to Church joining in with all the fun...

On top of that the person who grumbled at me on Friday was also the one who called me on Sunday to let me know just how wonderful she thought the service was. I was pretty chuffed to get that, and i think it was a sort of 'implicit apology' thing going on... We brits are pretty bad at actually saying what we think, and would rather just not mention any unpleasantness, thank you very much, ahem.

Will post the ropey sermon sometime later.

Have felt slightly grumbly today, but only because i have spent the last 24 hours or so trying to get the setup on my new computer sorted (new pc, waheeey, transferring stuff and getting programs sorted, yah boo sucks). It didn't help that my new internet 'home hub' adsl router went kablooey half way through the day and after an hour to my ISP who were absolutely sure it was due to the computer, not to their own hardware, then an hour and a half to my PC supplier (who were absolutely brilliant, by the way) I decided to uninstall my hub and re-install my old router, which works perfectly, so no matter what my ISP say, it is their hardware at fault. Phoned up call centre again, and said 'look, i've gone through this over and over, please just send me a new hub' and 20 minutes later they finally agreed to do so...

Not terribly grumbly, but it was a waste of time.

Love my speedy new computer, though - have accepted my Dimension E520 into my heart...

Comments

Jem said…
New machine ... hooray ... and ... enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

A Sermon which upset someone