Only a week late



Blog talkers from last week...

I never got around to much last week, at least in the world of blogging, so here's another catchup moment.
Looking back in life, what did you do 3, 6 and 12 months ago? Have these actions played a major role in your life or has it been like any other day?

3 Months ago - I was recovering from a wonderful but very busy Easter. I had a week off after Easter, but was still feeling pretty tired. Things have been extremely busy around our Team for a while, and we've been shorthanded for a number of months. Fatigue seems to be the order of the day most of the time, just keeping up. Means I'm looking forward to some time off over the summer ;-)

6 Months ago, February saw the start of Lent, which meant extra events leading up to Easter time. There was lots of stuff going on around the place.

12 Months ago, we were all at the house in which we have a small share in France. It was baking hot and we were melting. It was then i decided that at some time we needed a new car, as the handbrake cable snapped and we nearly passed out with the heat and no ventilation...

So nothing lifechanging really. It has been a hardworking year with lots of good things happening alongside a general undertone of being tired. Probably from these comments and from the general theme of this blog I give the impression that my work as a minister is pretty much all that goes on. This isn't the case, and as a family we've had some great time together. Even at my busiest times my priority is to be with the family as much as is possible, and on the whole I think we manage well.

I am really looking forward to some time off, though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I honestly can't remember what I did 3-6-12 months ago, but it probably had something to do with kids.
Naomi said…
Don't know about 3 or 6 months ago, but 12 months ago I resigned from my job after 9 years and started a new one. As a result the past few months have been a lot happier and less stressful workwise!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

A Sermon which upset someone