The incredible disappearing Vicar

As you might have guessed, the painful process of moving has been preoccupying me for the past few weeks so blogging has gone right out of the window! In fact I am sitting here in my study, empty except for my PC and junk on the desk, surrounded by boxes, whilst the removal company men are stopping for lunch. It's an odd time, a certain sense of excitement at moving on, with some trepidation about what's next and a huge sadness at what we are leaving behind. There's much that is good and worth celebrating about this Team of Parishes and the clergy colleagues I have, we have made great friends here and been very happy, though we have had lots to do and it has been very hard work much of the time....

I think that the most striking thing had been, looking back, how much I've learnt, how my life has changed, and how I have discovered much of who I am as a minister and as a person. These revelations haven't all been easy, and there's been some heartache and struggle, but as for where I am and where I'm going I am pretty much at peace with all of this.

The next time I write I will be in Devon, in my new home and looking forward to a new ministry - unless I can get the hang of blogging by mobile (on my shiny new iPhone) then it may be another few weeks before I get to do this - I don't think my internet will be connected until November 8th or so. I do have a couple of sermons/talks I want to put up so I will investigate that in the next few hours before I get unplugged (internet wise, rather than personally, obviously - I am actually solar powered) - there may be something to read here in the near future.... or maybe not....

So it's goodbye from Bourn, Cambridge, God bless.

Comments

A Safe move is wished for you and your Family Alastair. Will await your return.
Anonymous said…
I just recently moved, too -- not as far -- but it is time consuming! I hope you, your family, and your necessities (and even a few luxuries) arrive safely in your new home, where I wish for you love, laughter, happiness and even more growth (which will likely include some sadness and tears).
Melli said…
Now... I KNOW I commented to this one the other day... what happened? Curiouser and curiouser...

Well, by now the prayers that I said for your safe and trouble free move have been answered - either yay or nay!

I'm betting that as much as you learnt from the ministry you just left, that your people learnt even MORE from you! I wish that for your new people too!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

Sad Vicar