Still thinking

Thanks for comments on last few posts, and conversations which have ensued on Twitter and Facebook! Whilst I am considering whether to write anything else on those particular themes here's another thought for the week... This one from the week before our General Election

I’m not going to tell you how to vote but I am going to ask you to vote.

Some people say “Faith and Politics shouldn’t mix”, but I would say “nonsense” to that. If faith doesn’t leak in to every part of our lives then it seems a pretty worthless faith.

Being a Christian isn’t about ‘my’ belief or what ‘I’ want, but about holding to values which reflect God’s love for every one of us – so if we follow Jesus’ call to “love God with all your heart, soul strength and mind” and “love your neighbour as yourself” then when faced with a ballot paper we should think not just about what is good for ourselves, but what is right, good and best for those most vulnerable, the poor, the sick, the isolated.


Let your faith come out in your vote, but whatever you do, vote!

Comments

Melli said…
I do agree with that. Separation of church and state ... I think that is in regard to keeping the church from either buying out a politian - or even MORE problematic, being bought out BY a politician. But basing who you vote on by where they stand in regard to what you BELIEVE in terms of FAITH is absolutely the way it should be! You must vote your heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to connect the dots, unnecessarily

A Sermon which upset someone